Global Risks 2011 Report from WEF and Interactive Risk Interconnection Map
The 2011 Report (6th) is out. WEF improved the Data Explorer a bit, but still the links are bi-directional. WEF no longer gives any numbers for likelihood estimation; uses the “unlikely, likely, and very likely” scale.
This year highlights:
- The most impactful is Fiscal crisis (impact about 1T USD, very likely)
- The most likely is Storm and cyclones (about 250B USD, very likely)
- The most likely and impactful is Climate change (about 900B USD, very likely)
- The least likely and impactful is Space security (about 60B USD, very unlikely)
- The last year leader, Asset price collapse, is assessed at about 700B USD, likely. Far away from the leaders and laggers.
Here is my post about the previous report. The link to the last year map does not work anymore.